Saturday, July 7, 2007

Candle in the Wind...

It's somewhat ironic that we begin a series at C3 tomorrow about how to "Rest in God" - today has been one of those days when I've felt like I've been on a treadmill set on "high" and it won't stop...my little candle is feeling a little wind-blown tonight, and now I'm trying to wind down so that I can get prepared to sleep and rest for all that will take place in the morning. I believe it will be a beautiful service - the platform "set" is beautiful and tranquil, and the music set is beautiful and inspiring. And Byron is preaching from the 23rd Psalm - beautiful. To me, the reoccurring theme is the beauty of God's rest - the kind that only He can provide. I need that tonight, my mind is racing will all of the things still left to do. My heart is heavy for the thought of some friends who won't be there, and excited for the new friends I will make as they discover the love and mercy of God.

(By the way, tomorrow also happens to be Byron's birthday - I won't say how old he'll be, but he IS one year closer to the big 4-0!)

So, tonight, I'm listening to Enya (my favorite is "May it Be" from the Lord of the Rings), and I'm choosing to focus on the beautiful aspects of the love and mercy of a God, my God of Rest - because He hears, He knows - all of our difficulties, dreams, fears - He knows and He sees. So, I can rest in Him and all of His Beauty...and sleep in peace, dreaming of all of the hearts He will touch and change with His Beauty tomorrow...

"May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
Oh! How far you are from home

Mornië utúlië
Believe and you will find your way
Mornië alantië
A promise lives within you now

May it be the shadow's call
Will fly away
May it be your journey on
To light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun

Mornië utúlië
Believe and you will find your way

Mornië alantië
A promise lives within you now

A promise lives within you now
" (Enya "May it Be")


And even on days like today when I feel like a candle in the wind, I can rest in His shelter, and experience the Beautiful Rest of God...and the wind doesn't feel quite so strong. May it be that you rest in Him as well.

His Peace.

No comments: