Friday, August 10, 2007

Healing Winds

Today was one of those days.

A day when there were several things on my "To Do" list that, frankly, I just wasn't looking forward to doing - some mundane, and some more urgent - things that caused the procrastinator in me to think, "Can't we do this stuff another day!?" - and in the midst of it all, knowing that I need to be productive today and not get side-tracked with drama or negativity...

I could feel myself desiring to just stay at home, behind closed doors - just give me a reason, and I'll stay in my little "nest". It's just the mood I woke up in.

I went to register the boys for school, and really didn't want to see anyone - again, it's just the mood I woke up in...

Of course, barely in the door, I saw a familiar face...but then something I didn't expect happened - I smiled, then we really recognized each other, and she jumped up and exclaimed, "Angie, give me a hug!". It was then that I realized that she was a dear family friend that I hadn't seen in years. It was so refreshing, and it lifted me. And the winds began to blow...

Then, at the end of the day, there was a "comment" on my blog from a friend I had in high school that I haven't seen in about seventeen years. We emailed back and forth this evening - again, the unexpected words of a friend were like a breath of fresh air.

So, although today I was in "one of those moods", and there were still points of negativity and drama, the healing winds of friendship blew into my day at just the right time. I'm grateful for all of you who are patient, gracious and kind as you read my little thoughts. And hopefully when you're having one of those days, you can find some encouragement in me - that's my prayer.

May you all have peace. Angie

2 comments:

My Own Bandwagon said...

It is funny the little surprises that God lays out for us when we are having one of those days!

Angie Bledsoe said...

Yeah, and He doesn't always remove the "junk", He just allows little reminders when you need them most that He's still there...:-)