Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Now This Is What I Call a Cabin!


If you really want to "get away", then the Ozarks are a great place to start. Mountain Time just moves at a different pace, it definitely takes some getting used to. Byron and I needed to be forced to rest, sit and not run around in the "rat race" of every day life in the ministry.

It's funny, though, that when you become used to the hectic pace of city-life, the slower pace of the country can be less relaxing until you give up your need for instant gratification. Nothing happens quickly in the mountains, even driving takes longer when you're winding around steep mountain roads (and having to take Bonine just to go to the laundry-mat).

I've gotta run - because now I'm home in the city, and the "rat race" has missed me.

Peace.

No comments: